Immanuel Air Conditioning, Inc.
"Experience & Honesty Set Us Apart"
Licensed & Insured LIC# CAC1815660
"We are the highest 5 star rated AC Company in town!
Maintenance Tips for Home Heating and Air Conditioning the next best thing to professional service
General guidelines for keeping your home cool and efficient:
1. Clean or replace your AC filters every month.
2. Clean chimney and check to see if your fireplace is working properly.
3. Clean out rain gutters and storm drains.
4. Clean and vacuum vents, baseboard heaters and ducts.
5. Seal air leaks in the attic, basement and crawlspace, and also around windows and doors.
6. Check your attic for proper insulation. (The U.S. Department of Energy suggests a value between R-22 and R-49.)
7. Keep shades or curtains drawn on the sunny side of the house, especially during early- and mid-afternoon hours.
Extra steps you can take to save energy:
1. Install a programmable thermostat, so you can preset temperatures for different times of the day.
2. Replace single-pane windows with newer double-pane models, which help reflect the sun's rays and reduce energy loss.
3. Apply a reflective coating to your roof. When replacing your roof, use light-colored shingles.
4. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents to create a cooler feeling and save lighting costs.
5. Install awnings or plant trees outside your home to create shade.
Things you can do to improve air quality and reduce potential health risks:
1. When adjusting clocks, change batteries in smoke alarms, as well as radon and carbon monoxide detectors.
2. Consider a ventilation system to increase air circulation inside and add a healthy dose of fresh air.
3. Clean water-damaged carpets and materials, or consider replacement.
4. Reduce the potential for buildup of allergy-causing pollutants by keeping your house clean
5. Take special precaution when operating fuel-burning appliances to avoid leakage.
6. Store and dispose of household chemicals in a safe manner